What is this new term, “social recruiting”, anyway???
Most common definition says it is defined as the process in which recruiters source for candidates via social mediums.
Still, what does that mean?!
To Recruiters, “social recruiting” means:
- … that we can connect with top talent faster and better than ever before
- … that we can build relationships with that talent for current or future hiring needs
- … that “we” (recruiter and/or company) have a real voice
- … that we can learn more about a candidate than what is portrayed on their resume
- … that we can network faster and better than ever before
- … that you can make yourself “findable” across social mediums
- … that you can give yourself a human voice
- … that you can tell your story, instead of the recruiter assuming what your story actually is
- … that you can engage with employees and recruiters at the company you are interested in
- … that you can provide (your) industry specific knowledge to those seeking it – be a subject matter expert (SME)